Islamabad (Wednesday, June 4, 2014) :: The Federal Government on Tuesday announced its second annual budget for fiscal year 2014-15 with a total outlay of Rs 3.945 trillion introducing various welfare schemes for farmers, homeless, the unemployed, businessmen and 10 per cent relief for the government employees.
Minister for Finance Ishaq Dar presented the budget in the National Assembly session chaired by Speaker Sardar Ayaz Sadiq. Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif also attended the session.
Among the prominent relief measures proposed by the government included 10 per cent ad hoc relief for the salaried and pensioners, significant increase in allowances, Rs 1000 increase in minimum pension and Rs 1000 surge in minimum wage.
Spelling out the revenue generation plans of the government, the minister said the share of provincial governments in the taxes would be Rs 1.72 trillion against Rs 1.41 trillion last year.
Public servants salaries has been increase @10% of running basic pay w.e.f July 1, 2014.
Medical Allowance has has increase 10%, from Rs. 1000 per month to Rs. 1100 per month. This increase will apply on govt. employees having scale 1 to 15.
According to the budget speech the following relief has been given to the Federal Govt Employees:
- Adhoc Relief Allowance 2014 @ 10% of the Running Basic Pay
- Upgradation of the Post of Superintendent from BPS-16 to BPS-17
- Premature Increment to the Class-IV Employees
- 5% Increase in Conveyance Allowance to the employees of BPS-01 to BPS-15
- 20% Increase in Medical Allowance to the employees of BPS-01 to BPS-15
- 10% Increase in Pension
- Minimum Pension 6000/- Per Month